Old 16-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Frank Logullo

Default Watering Vegetables In Containers

"Down Under On The Bucket Farm" wrote in message
It is finally springtime here in the southern hemisphere, and my
first year of gardening.

I live in a fairly humid environment, but with strong sunshine.

So I am wondering what would be a good watering schedule for
vegetables in containers (kept outdoors.)

In 10-litre (2.5 gal) buckets, I have broccoli, spinach, lettuce,
zuccini, and capsicum (bell pepper.)

I may also add couliflour, and a few others in similar-sized
containers.

There are also some tomato plants, which will go into 20-litre (5
gal) buckets this weekend.

So I am looking for advice on watering schedules???

When mature, I heavily watered my container grown tomatoes and peppers daily
adding enough water so it was visible in the pot base. In the summer, it is
very humid here too.
Frank