Old 16-10-2003, 09:12 PM
Tumbleweed

Default Moving a conifer? (novice!)

"Flynn" wrote in message
Hi

I'm thinking of moving a conifer (I think its a leylandi) from its present
position to one a few yards away (there's a couple of good reasons for
this); it's about 16ft high, 6ft broad.

Do those sizes give an indication of the root spread? How difficult is it

do this? What should I bear in mind? Am I mad?

Any advice gratefully received

Flynn

How to move 16ft Leylandii.

1) Saw off top 10ft.
2) Remove branches from bottom 6ft.
3) Use remaining trunk for leverage to remove trunk & roots (some digging
may also be required)
4) Cut both portions into smaller pieces to fit into boot of
car/estate/trailer.
5) Take to local refuse centre, place on appropriate recycling/garden waste
pile.
6) Go home and reflect on job well done.

--
Tumbleweed

newsgroups)