Old 16-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Valkyrie

Default Woohoo! Storm!

Haha! I love this weather. I was out on my balcony before sun-up doing some
watering (the rain doesn't reach most of my pots) and filling bird feeders,
finished up a few daily domestic drudge chores and started on my Christmas
sewing. I've had to stop a lot to watch out the window as the rain pelts,
leaves blow by, trees dance. Jumped when a branch from a big fir tree (aka
widow makers) came down and crashed across a cedar fence. The birds don't
seem daunted by all this today. The feeders are busy and it's fun to watch
them bucking the head winds for a perch. The hummers seem to be the only
ones not making an effort in the high winds, except to zero in on target of
the swinging Humzinger. The balcony floor has a lovely sprinkling of petals
from my sweet autumn clematis and scented geraniums.

Time to toss another log on the fire,
Val

"paghat" wrote in message
news
60 mile an hour winds! I was just out in the rain getting BLASTED, most
invigorating. Now watching more comfortably from window as our trees bend
& twist about. A piece of deck roof stripping just blew off. An unlockable
gate got damaged from blowing open & shut, I just moved some rocks in
front of it so it won't keep smashing into itself. Have a friend up for
the week from his manse among the giant redwoods, checking out houses
here, as he can sell his for a million & get just as good here for a
quarter-million. Planning to move the whole family up here, claims he'll
be hiring me as landscaper (since I don't have the room to collect beech
trees, he said I should collect beeches for him -- well, that's acceptable
to me!), so even more reason to hope seeing the Northwest at its nastiest
doesn't change his mind.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"