Old 17-10-2003, 12:22 AM
HA HA Budys Here

Default winterizing lawn -

I'm heck-bent on eradicating my crabgrass problem this fall and next spring,
I've overseeded with my favorite (Rebels) grass seed mix which is coming up
nicely under the existing turf, as the crabgrasses are begining to fase and
die. In addition, I've planted a new lawn area in a previously undeveloped area
which is also thickening like a nice, fine carpet. I'v used no fertilizer as of
yet, and trying to avoid using any as I've a ton of homemade compost to put
down.

I know in the early spring I'll have to use a crabgrass preventer.

I usually need a lime and ironite treatment in the spring as well, just to get
the grass a decent shade of green, I was wondering If I might be better off
treating both the existing, and the new turf with either the lime or the
ironite, or both now? Is ironite safe for newly-establishing lawns?

Thanks!