Old 17-10-2003, 04:42 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default landscape grass

animaux wrote:
=

For this reason, when I cut my ornamental grasses to the ground in spri=

ng, I
also comb out the dead centers. I take a rake and vigorously rake out =

anything
dead in the center. That's when I will be dividing a huge stand of M.s=

inensis
'Cabaret' and 'Morning Light.'

Those are 2 really nice specimens. I almost always use those in addition
to a few others in a natural grass setting for clients. Yes, yes, I
know, I'm a NPSOT'er, but, heck, can't ALWAYS go 100% with that
pallette.
=

I would never plant pampas grass.
=

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:34:43 -0500, J Kolenovsky op=

ined:
=

Really. As a landscaper, I cringe when a client wants this removed. La=

st
month we cut down a 10 year old stand and there were 1,257,898 roaches=

that ran out from the base as we destoyed the tops and and starting
removing the dead mass hiding just below the tops. Almost had to get m=

en
to replace the men I was using(they weren't happy about the task becau=

se
of the roaches)

samuel l crowe wrote:

You can plant pampas grass anytime and it will live and before you k=

now it
you will wish it had died.
At least thats the way I feel about mind.

--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC
"running water" wrote in message
hi all,
i was wondering when would be a good time to dig and transplant or=

namental
grass, such as pampas grass.
and when should i cut it back.
this is the grasses with tall flowering plumes that grow in clumps=

=2E
i live in eastern ohio
thanks

-- =