Old 17-10-2003, 01:42 PM
keith

Default phal growing in my office

it sounds like you have been overwatering,let the pot go almost dry between
watering or until the pot feels light.I water mine about every 7 to 10
days!But everyone has different circumstances.if you have been overwatering
the leaves will turn yellow & the plant will die!if the plant is in a
plastic pot,then in a decorative pot allow the plant to drain of water.Don't
water with the plant standing in a decorative pot,they like air around the
roots,Hope you have saved your plant in time!
good luck!!!
keith
"boochap" wrote in message
i am keeping my phal growing in my office having relative humidity around
60% and ambient temperature 23~26degF. Because the ambient light is ont so
bright, I have a 11watt florescent lamp about 1m over the plant, as well

as
to keep my desk bright.

The plant is kept in a pot with a sphagum moss compose. There was a flower
spike 1 month ago when i just bought it from the market. The spike doesnt
bloom, however, and i am wandering why. I actually water the pot every

other
day initially, but i stop doing that when i realised that the spike is
drying up. For 2 weeks, I haven't been watering the plant and yet the
compose still wet. Have i been watering too much?

Any advise would be very much appreciated. Thanks!