Old 17-10-2003, 02:04 PM
Jim W

Default Moving a conifer? (novice!)

Flynn wrote:

I'm thinking of moving a conifer (I think its a leylandi) from its present
position to one a few yards away (there's a couple of good reasons for
this); it's about 16ft high, 6ft broad.

Do those sizes give an indication of the root spread? How difficult is it to
do this? What should I bear in mind? Am I mad?

Any advice gratefully received

Best identify it first.. If its a leyandii I'd say, just remove it and
plant a new one in the new posis. They are that cheap, and very fast
growing.

Its a big job, for conifers AFAIK, best done in spring. With a tree
that big though, conult someone who's 'into' conifers! (Not me!)
//
Jim