Old 17-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Andrew

Default A.O.S. Selling Plants

"Bolero" wrote:
Can I ask?

What kind of class action would be successful in this case? Whether or not
the prices are fair they are entitled to sell the plants for whatever they
like.

I can't see how they can be sued for this.

Being largely unaffected by all this (not a member, not not an
American) I'll chime in on the discussion. I think problem has more to
do with the conflict of interest regarding a tax-exempt not-for-profit
organisation setting up what may appear to be a commercial endevour. I
can't say the gripe regarding low prices would have any legal bearing
but the alleged abuse of a tax exempt status may cause problems for
the society should an auditor disagree with their practices.