Old 17-10-2003, 05:50 PM
Allison Hornor Allison Hornor is offline
Registered User

Location: Ithaca, NY
Default Plant Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria (pgpr)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sergio
I'm searching for information about PGPR (Plant Growth Promoting
Rhizobacteria) for my thesis.
Particularly about: screening methods for growth effects, pseudomonas in
situ (on the root) identification methods, better plants model for
experiments.

Thanks
Sergio
Sergio,

I just noticed the date on your message (you probably have an answer by now!) but I'm working with PGPR at Cornell and found a good assay for auxin production:

De Brito Alvarez, M., Gagne, S. & Antoun, H. (1995). Effect of compost on rhizosphere microflora of the tomato and the incidence of plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 61, 194-199.

Dobbelaere, S., Croonenborghs, A., Thys, A., Broek, A. V. & Vanderleyden, J. (1999). Phytostimulatory effect of Azospirillum brasilense wild type and mutant strains altered in IAA production in wheat. Plant and Soil 212, 155-164.

Glickmann, E. & Dessaux, Y. (1995). A critical examination of the specificity of the Salkowski reagent for indolic compounds produces by phytopathogenic bacteria. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 61, 793-796.

Hope this helps, would love to hear more about your research...I'm just starting in this field.

Allison