Old 17-10-2003, 06:02 PM
AnonnyMoose

Default Needles up the wha-zoo!!

You got that right, Jan. Back home my yardwork consisted of shoving leaves
aside in the fall. Those were the days. ;-)

karen

"Jan Flora" wrote in message

Boy, you *are* a long ways from home, darlin.'

Tom Bodett did a radio piece about yard care, when he moved from Homer, AK
to Whidbey Island a few years ago. As *you* know, all you need in Alaska

for
yard care is a chainsaw and a weed whacker with a skil-saw blade on it.

Tom
had to learn about lawn mowers and stuff when he moved down there.

Compost it. Hit the compost site that'll help you figure out how to

balance
the greens & browns, so the compost will cook. (If I can do it, anyone

can.
But I lost that website address when my good computer died. I think one of
the Pat's here knows the website.)

Jan

PS: We have snow in the forecast here on sat. night, Karen. I'm not ready.