Old 17-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Cold Snap for the UK

"Rodger wrote in message
Some rain for the first time in about 6 months would be welcome!

Watering
the grass in October is a bit unusual.

What address should I send some of our rain to? After a long
droughty summer and fall, much drier than usual, it's pouring
down outside like there's no tomorrow. Regrettably, a lot of it's
just running off instead of soaking in.

That's what is going to happen here when it does start, it will pour down
continuously but will run straight off into the river (Thames mainly)
because the ground is so dry and I bet we get flooding again this year in
the Staines/Chertsey area.

Still, what a spring/summer/autumn we have had.

Won't know until next spring how many plants/trees have died through lack of
water.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.