Old 17-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Lydia

Default floating liner

"Iain Miller" wrote in message

Basically you have to drain the excess water away......you can do this by
either digging some kind of soak away under the pond or, in extreme cases,
you have to build a chamber under the liner with a pump in it that

switches
on & off based on the level of water in the chamber...some kind of float
switch. Is your pond completely "in ground" - is the land its on flat, is
there anywhere for the water to go?

I.

The pond is completely in ground. We have about a foot of good topsoil and
then after that is tough clay-like fill dirt so I don't think .... well
obviously.... it drains very well. The yard is sloped eeeeeeeever so
slightly down away from our house. At the back of the yard is a 5 foot rock
wall. Beyond that is woods and further beyond is wetlands.

Thanks for the help,
Lydia