Old 17-10-2003, 07:32 PM
Dwight Sipler

Default Needles up the wha-zoo!!

AnonnyMoose wrote:

Well, so far all the replies say "compost." Easy enough. I've got compost
bins set up for my other green material, so I'll just have to incorporate
this stuff. But I'm wondering if I should compost this separately since I'm
thinking it will be awfully acidic when it breaks down. I could use it for
mulching the rhodies and acid loving plants...

The composting process should produce a fairly neutral product. It might
be somewhat on the acid side if the compost is incomplete, but not
enough to be a problem. If you worry about it, most states have
extension services which can do tests on compost similar to soil tests.
Also, the pH test is probably the most accurate one in the home soil
test kits, so that should give you some information.