Old 17-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Storing crocosmia corms

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:02:40 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I distinguish crocosmias from montbretia, as
in 'quality plants with pleated leaves vs. spreading weed best suited
to hedgerows'. The previous owner rather liked montbretia and in the
last couple of years I've dug it out by the sack-load, literally
(several, in fact). Glyphosate also works on them. We hardly get any
frost here, so freezing not a problem, but I take on board the
comments about drying out. I'll heel them in somewhere else until I'm
ready to plant them permanently.

--
Chris