Old 17-10-2003, 11:32 PM
Zemedelec

Default canna seeds

You didn't say where you are, if it gets cold at all, the seeds will not
grow
now, canna like to have warm soil. I grow canna from seeds all the time, when
you do grow them you'll need to nick the other layer and soak them for 24 hours
and plant in warm soil ( above 55F ). BTW, canna are not bulb plants, they grow
from Rhizoms.

I'm always looking for seeds to add into my canna research project too.

http://home.inreach.com/starlord/canna/

Thanks for the info--I'm learning as I go, trying to acquire not only heritage
and passalong plants that would be contemporary with the house's architecture
but as many gorgeous tropicals as will grow in the more sheltered back yard.
I'm in New Orleans, Zone 9.) If you'd like some of the red canna seeds for
their vigor and prolific habits, I'd be glad to send a few.

--
"In this universe the night was falling,the BRBR

zemedelec