Old 17-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Steve Wolfe

Default Help for Heron

I tried all your suggestions. I called a local vet - said call Animal
Rescue.
Called Animal Rescue - number disconnected. Called State of Michigan -
connected to voice mail - left message 7 hours ago, no one called back.

Called
Natural Resources "800" number for injured animals - given 8 choices to

choose
from - not one of those choices was for injured animals. What a

crock!!!!
Haven't seen him return yet today. Yesterday he even tried to get UNDER

our
netting to get at the fishes. This poor guy is very desperately hungry.

You could call the local Ducks Unlimitted, and see if they know who to
call. They're usually pretty knowledgeable about the governmental
agencies responsible for waterfowl.

steve