Old 18-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Susan Erickson

Default Need sources for "mounting" media like cork, fiber or wood

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 01:45:30 -0400, Hal Tess
wrote:

I want to mount some orchids on materials like cork, fiber or wood but
haven't been able to find any of these materials locally.

I've looked on the web but all I've found is the "standard" potting
media.

Can anyone recommend a source for mounting materials, preferably one
you've purchased from with good results.

I live in Detroit, MI and I'd prefer someone nearby but I'm willing to
order from companies that ship.

Thanks for any help.

Hal Tess

Oak Hill and Hausermann's both stock cork slabs. Natt's in
Naperville. I don't remember if EFG had it. That leaves Windsong
and Klem's in the Chicagoland circle.
Most of the large Orchid ranges will stock cork or "driftwood".
If you want it inexpensively, go to the lake shore. Collect,
clean and sterilize drift wood.

SuE