Old 18-10-2003, 07:13 PM
Ken Saunders

Default Good old Monty

(jane) wrote in message ...
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 14:02:22 +0100, Kate Morgan
wrote:

~I thought that Monty Don was incredibly gung ho in last nights G/W,
~heaving wheelbarrows and chucking compost round at a great speed,
~getting a little puffed out too maybe :-)))

Not bad considering he has chronic back problems. He does seem to be
an all or nothing bloke

I wish my council (Chiltern) would sell a ton of compost for £2.50.
They sell theirs via the dump franchise at £2.50 a 25l bag... and it's
a lot cheaper to buy a bag of multipurpose compost from a DIY store.

Rip off, given they get given the raw materials in the first place.

......Jane..I thought he said £12.50 PLUS delivery.It's the delivery
that knock's it on the head. distance, and all that.If you didn't live
far away and had a little truck or trailer, it might pay, but then the
council would say you were TRADE, so no sale. I've admired Monty from
his FORK by FORK (or something similiar phrase ) on Channel 4.