Old 18-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Storing crocosmia corms

The message
from Chris Hogg contains these words:

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:02:40 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

Thanks for the replies. I distinguish crocosmias from montbretia, as
in 'quality plants with pleated leaves vs. spreading weed best suited
to hedgerows'.

Quite. In my previous garden we had montbretia :-( and crocosmia Lucifer :-)

Since moving to Arran's milder climate I'm on a dreadful crocosmia
binge, starting with "Emily Mackenzie" (large bronzy orange flowers with
a brown blotch) and going on to the many yellow ones which are more
refined. I'd never realised before how varied and pretty they can be.

Janet.