Old 19-10-2003, 02:32 AM
animaux

Default Where to find White Canadian Peat Moss

What are you trying to accomplish using peat moss? It is a very useful tool in
containers, but in our soils is completely useless. It does not lower pH, it
has absolutely no living biota, takes over 100 years to recharge in the bogs,
which are being depleted, and generally has nothing to add.

Now, if you are using un-milled sphagnum for orchids, that is different. This
plant likes that media. In the garden, it is useless and for the same money you
can buy compost which does a hundred times more to help plants in soil.

Containers, peat moss is okay, but I prefer not to use it in the garden.

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 03:57:13 GMT, ddaquaria opined:

I have already tried the standard home depots and lowes but did not see any
peat moss there that did not have additives. I am specifically looking for
white peat moss, but I will settle for "clean" peatmoss with no additives of
any type (just in a bale or bag).

Thanks in advance!

big D