Old 19-10-2003, 06:42 AM
Snooze

Default Moving Fish

"david.crouch7" wrote in
message s.com...
I presently have a 2000 gallon fish pond but for personal reasons I need
to move them to a temporary location about 10 miles away.
I will probably need to keep them there for a year but don't want to go
to the expense of building a new pond.
Please could someone give me an idea on how to transport the fish and
what I could use for a temporary pond?
My fish range from 6 Koi each between 12 and 24", goldfish, orfes,
sterlets and various others. All in all a wide ranging collection and I
desperately do not want to loose any of them.

Transporting them is probably the easiest part, just find a bucket big
enough, like maybe a large rubbermaid storage container with a lid. 10 miles
is close enough that you don't need to worry about oxygen depletion or waste
level build-up.

I can't think of a way to store koi, goldfish etc, for over a year that does
not involve building a pond of some kind. One idea I liked, that I saw at a
local home depot, was to take landscape boulders, and make a circle out of
them, then put a pond liner on the inside, and make a little pond out of
that.

May be more cost effective, just to give your current koi away, and in a
years's time, get new ones.

Sameer