Old 19-10-2003, 07:22 AM
A Dizzy Blonde

Default Plant suggestions Please

I live about 1km from a large hotel, far enough away not to be bothered by
it, but judging by one corner of my front garden just at bladder stretch
point from last call drinks!

The area is where my front wall and my neighbours lower fence join, there is
a large frangipani that wards off summer "waterers" but over the course of
winters I have lost 3 mature azaleas and a resplendent birds nest fern, and
the corner often has the redolent aroma of urine.

I now desire to plant something with huge unwieldy canes attached to which
would be long and razor sharp thorns........any suggestions for a plant not
out of place in a bed of camellia and azalea under the shade of a frangipani
in the Perth climate? My first thought - bougainvillea is not a suitable
plant for the spot.....though it would please me to plant one just for the
ouch factor.

A (not always) Dizzy Blonde