Old 19-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

Default Storing crocosmia corms

The message
from (Steve Harris) contains these words:

In article ,

(Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson) wrote:

I've seen it growing quite well north in Scotland but hardly at all
round here in Lincs.
I've often wondered about the effect of cutting foliage down before it
fully browns, but never risked it.

I understood the browning to be spider mite attack. AS spider mite
doesn't like damp. I wonder if Lincs is rather dry compared to Scotland?

Yes it definitely is drier than Scotland and this year especially, but I
have watered them and I think the browning is a fairly normal amount. My
worry is really that the foliage *isn't* very brown yet but is leaning
at about 40 degrees to the ground and although everything leans and
flops in my garden, for some reason the Crocosmia foliage is more
intrusive. It's really only the very big ones that keel over.

Janet G