Old 19-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] My first Bonsai

In a message dated 10/19/2003 7:14:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

Hi I have just bought my very first bonsai. I am told it is an Ash Bonsai
tree.
Can you let me know the most important points to keep the thing alive....

Pete

Hopefully one of our Australian members will respond because I am certain
that your "ash" and a North American "ash" are different trees altogether.
However I can suggest that it be kept outside and watered only when dry. The
best way to monitor watering to put a meat skewer or chop stick in the soil
about 1/2 way between the trunk and the edge of the pot. Push the probe down
about 2/3 of the soil depth. Remove the probe daily and if it is dry, water.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++