Old 19-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

Default Cold Snap for the UK

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

"Rodger wrote in message
Some rain for the first time in about 6 months would be welcome!

Watering
the grass in October is a bit unusual.

That's what is going to happen here when it does start, it will pour down
continuously but will run straight off into the river (Thames mainly)
because the ground is so dry and I bet we get flooding again this year in
the Staines/Chertsey area.

Still, what a spring/summer/autumn we have had.

Won't know until next spring how many plants/trees have died through lack of
water.

I have been wondering about the effects on next season of this year's
drought.
In your comment about trees dying, do you mean that even if they look
healthy now, they may be at risk, or do you mean that if they look sick
now they might or might not recover?

Janet G