Old 19-10-2003, 07:02 PM
The Hoopeses

Default Green masonary paint - want to tone down a garage wall.

Eric the Red wrote:

My garage is a standalone building made from concrete slabs and occupies
part of the garden. It is currently painted white so is quite visible. I was
hoping to get a darker paint possibly green so that it blended in with the
garden more. I went to the usual DIY outlets but could not find anything
suitable. They all did the sort of thing that I wanted but for fences & shed
and assumed these would not be suitable for the garage.

Anyone else had the same problem with a garden wall. If so how did you solve
it?

Eric.

I've seen paints for concrete, but they were mainly for use on
horizontal surfaces, like patios or garage floors. At least they were
sold as suitable for those surfaces, which is not to say they couldn't
be used for a vertical one. The available colors were rather basic:
battleship grey, a very green green, or a barn red. I'm thinking if
it's only the pigment which varies, there should be nothing to keep you
from blending different colors to get something tolerable. You might
also be able to find additional hues as well.

Another possibility would be to put some kind of screen up against the
most visible side of the building, like a lattice or trellis. You could
grow something on it for the greener parts of the year. Are you having
to look at the broadest part of the garage from your usual view?

-
Al