Old 19-10-2003, 10:12 PM
oldmolly

Default OT - house spiders

"Arthur" wrote in message
"oldmolly" wrote in message

I have arachnophobia to the point that even reading a couple of posts

on
this subject will have me sweating and vomiting. shudder My cats will

all
chase, catch and eat spiders except the big harvest ones which bite. My

son
was recently bitten by one and it made him ill. He did though, offer to

come
and paint my cottage if he developed wall climbing abilities :-)

Why don't you contact Spider (post above) directly? I can vouch for the
fact that she used to be at least as bad as you, and she now *loves* the
things. I'm sure she could help you.

I have not reached a stage whereby my phobia causes a problem for me. If I
had to deal with them daily, I would have treatment. Now I simply shut a cat
in the room and go away for half an hour.