Old 19-10-2003, 10:32 PM
oldmolly

Default Blackbirds

"jane" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:20:19 +0100, Sacha ~netting.

True - in that case I could perhaps refine the suggestion. If it's not too
big a patch of bark, perhaps chickenwire sprayed a dark colour might work
as they couldn't get tangled up in it. I'm just trying to come up with an
answer to the question. I have a lot of rigid plastic garden mesh and the
like on bare soil about the place, but that's to stop excavations by the
local c*ts and birds definitely don't get caught in that.

For that matter, the vertical stick method of keeping off the c*ts also
might work for keeping off blackbirds if the sticks are close enough, but

suspect it would look rather odd!

Try putting a suspended mirror nearby, or drill a small hole in one edge of
an unwanted CD, and hang it up with black thread. As the sun catches it, it
will send flashes of light running across the ground which birds think is
some kind of predator and fly away.