Old 20-10-2003, 12:32 AM
RichToyBox

Default When to divide tubers?

Hardy lilies can be divided at almost any time of the year. The tubers grow
so fast that, unless you are moving them to a much larger tub, splitting
them in half will mean that you will have two overcrowded lilies next year.
Generally, I divide mine in the spring, before they really wake up. They
will have small pads, close to the tuber all winter, after they are pruned
back of this years pads.
--
RichToyBox

"Hammer" wrote in message
m...
I have some first year lilly tubers that I bought from Home Depot back in
May. I live in Zone 7A and want to know when I can divide (split) the

tuber
into two potted plants. I want to double my number of lilies for next
spring. Can I do this? When is the best time? If I can do it, I'm
planning on just removing the plant/soil from the pots and dividing it in
half and repotting. Thanks for any advice that you can provide.