Old 20-10-2003, 01:02 AM
Tom J

Default any receipe's for 3 pounds of figs I've placed in the fridge to keep?

wrote in message
What kind of fig trees are these? I cant imagine having too many figs I

love them
soooo much. They are impossible to find around here unless they cost 2 or

more bucks
a piece. How cold does it get where you are? Ingrid

I live just north of Atlanta, GA. The Brown Turkey fig "tree" (it's not a bush
anymore) I get my figs from, produces more than 500 pounds of figs each year.
The tree belongs to a close friend & they give the figs to friends that will
come pick them, and then let the birds and bees have the rest. I have picked
as many as 8 gallons in one day from that tree!! This year I only picked 4
gallons at the time - easier to work with at the stove. The tree usually makes
figs for around 45 days if they are picked closely as they ripen.

Tom J