Old 20-10-2003, 01:42 AM
NJ

Default Baby Fish: When to Put into Pond

Hi, Ponders...

The baby fish that were hatched the third week of July are STILL on my
kitchen countertop in a large rubbermaid container with just an airstone.
The ranks have thinned a bit (down to 13 from original 18), and the largest
is a bit over an inch long. The smallest is about 3/4". We have used only
pond water for their habitat, and it is only this week that they have
graduated from pureed brine shrimp to flake food.

I live in zone 5b; our daytime temps have averaged about 55 and nighttime in
a range of about 37-50. Pond inhabitants are three sarassa comets of about
6-7", and a goldfish of about the same length. When the heck can I put
these babies into the pond and get them out of the kitchen? Please tell me
that I can still do it!

Should I mention that the resident cats have started to show an interest in
the baby tank?

NJ