Old 20-10-2003, 10:12 AM

Default Advert

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
:
: "Tony Bull" wrote in message
: om...
: "Franz Heymann" wrote in message
: ...
: "Tony Bull" wrote in message
: om...
: "JennyC" wrote in message
: ...
: "Tony Bull" wrote in message
: om...
: www.caterpillarfountain. co uk. I am now marketing fountains by
: Peter
: Buck designs. Have a look at my website. I am not 100% happy
with
: the
: gif on the pendulum fountain page. What do you think? No flaming
: please. Tony Bull
:
: I love the look of the 404 :~)
: Jenny
:
: Thanks Anne and Jenny.
: I thought that prose.... ing meant converting from one religious
faith
: to another.Maybe some of these zealots are on the wrong newsgroup.
: Thanks to Martin for his constructive criticisms.
: Tony Bull
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk
:
: Tony, My apologies. You wre acting in accordance with the charter.
My
: hatred of advertisements in a discussion group got the better of me.
:
: Franz
:
: Apology accepted Franz, however I can't understand why you have such a
: downer on advertisements. You can at least passively ignore them. i.e.
: don't click on them if you don.t want to read them. It's different if
: they don't show the fact that they are adverts so you think you are
: reading a genuine thread and it is in fact an advert. In the past I
: have actually tried to answer some problems such as green pons,
: sharpening spades, pumpkins etc. and I haven't always used the post to
: advertise my website.
:
: It is because I have a phobia about the possibility that the newsgroup
might
: one day be swamped by advertisements. I admit that it is only a phobia,
and
: not based on reality. I will try to restrain myself. {:-))
:
: Franz
:
It's a bit like the phobia somebody might have that urg will be swamped by
posts that are never snipped, if you see what I mean :O)