Old 20-10-2003, 12:02 PM
The Hoopeses

Default Green masonary paint - want to tone down a garage wall.

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Eric the Red
writes
I did think of trellis and then planting some sort of climber but with

the
location of the house and garage that area is almost entirely in

shadeexcept
for a few hours early morning in summer. Mined you trellis on it's own

would
make a difference, I think about that as well.

You could grow a variegated ivy up it.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Variegated ivy is really lovely. Another thing they seem to be using here
in Germany is what looks like Virginia Creeper (Parthenocissus
quinquefolia). Back in the U.S. it's considered a weed in most parts.
Whatever this is (and I've only really seen it from a distance of several
meters), it is well-tended, and used well. In a few areas I've seen it on
walls combined with well-trimmed ivy. Now that it's autumn, it really looks
beautiful.

-
Al