Old 20-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Dave Painter

Default Green masonary paint - want to tone down a garage wall.

"Eric the Red" wrote in message
My garage is a standalone building made from concrete slabs and occupies
part of the garden. It is currently painted white so is quite visible. I

was
hoping to get a darker paint possibly green so that it blended in with the
garden more. I went to the usual DIY outlets but could not find anything
suitable. They all did the sort of thing that I wanted but for fences &

shed
and assumed these would not be suitable for the garage.

Anyone else had the same problem with a garden wall. If so how did you

solve
it?

Eric.

My garden wall is concrete posts with 12" gravel boards set in.
At the front it is three feet high, at the back it is six feet high. So a
huge expanse of concrete!

Concrete paint - usually used on garage floors to seal the dust in/keep oil
etc out.
I used it on the garage floor.

Masonary paint - cheaper, but usually in limited colours.
Used on the internal garage walls.

'Ronseal' waterproofing for fences etc. Can be put on with a roller. Basic
colours but works well.
Used this on the outdoor fence. Quick, easy and relatively cheap (compared
to the two previous)
'Soaked' in to the concrete.

HTH

Dave