Old 20-10-2003, 01:22 PM
wsallen

Default My first Bonsai

Hi Pete,

West Australian Bonsai Society
http://members.iinet.net.au/~jold/bo...ety/index.html

List of bonsai clubs in Australia (not exhaustive, there are others!)
http://www.bonsaisite.org/clubs/index_html?sort=state

Bonsai in Asia site (run by the WA club president - Hi John!)
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Palace/7574/

All of these sites have excellent Australian centric information, as well as
lots of useful links.

Very general advice -
1. Join/Visit your local bonsai club, take your tree. Or visit your nearest
bonsai nursery (see Yellow Pages), buy some wire/fertiliser, take your tree
and ask for advice.
2. Keep the tree outside.
3. Keep the soil just damp, not wet and not dried out.

And enjoy, it is a great hobby. :+)

Cheers,
Heidi Aussie

Pete and Kate Roberts wrote in message ...
Hi I have just bought my very first bonsai.I am told it is an Ash Bonsai
tree.
Can you let me know the most important points to keep the thing alive....

Pete.