Old 20-10-2003, 02:02 PM
animaux

Default Where to find White Canadian Peat Moss

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 02:36:27 GMT, ddaquaria opined:

in article , Victor Martinez at
wrote on 10/19/03 8:37 PM:

animaux wrote:
How do you do that? IN a tank? We have a 150 gallon aquarium and I couldn't
imagine putting peat moss in there! Is this something special? We collect
tetras. My favorites are the black neons.

People who want very soft, acidic water usually put some form of peat
moss in a sump or a canister filter. Some fish, like discus and neon
tetras need those specific conditions to breed.
I'd rather not go through all that trouble and so I keep fish that do ok
in the water that comes out of my tap.

You can go the route that Victor spoke of and place it in your filter. I
prefer the route of placing it in my RO water storage and only affect the
tank when I do water changes. It is not something most fish keepers will do
with their tanks. Come to the forum at www.aquabotanic.com for more
information or the newsgroup for aquarium plants - but the detail we could
get into does not below in this newsgroup.

big D

Nice plants on that site. I need to order those corkscrew grasslike plants. I
need some tall plants to cover the undergravel filter tubes. Thanks for the
link.

victoria