Old 20-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Simon Avery

Default Advert

(Tony Bull) wrote:

Hello Tony

TB Apology accepted Franz, however I can't understand why you
TB have such a downer on advertisements. You can at least
TB passively ignore them. i.e. don't click on them if you don.t
TB want to read them.

Please do note that not everyone reads newsgroups the way you do. I
download all the articles in a newsgroup, including spam, and read
them in order.

The thing is, and I suspect this view is shared by many, is that this
is one of the few corners of the internet where unsolicited commercial
advertised (ie, spam) is depreciated. I like that.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK Ý
http://www.digdilem.org/