Old 20-10-2003, 04:07 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Green masonary paint - want to tone down a garage wall.

"Eric the Red" wrote in news:bmv11g$6bd$1$8300dec7
@news.demon.co.uk:

I had been looking at masonary paints but the problem is the only ones I
could find where basically tinted white paints. EG Magnolia, very light
green or blue etc.

I bunged in a bit of leftover dark gloss to colour mine. It's not old
enough yet for me to recommend it to you with certainty tho.

I think it'd look better if you broke it up. If it's a mass of white now,
a mass of murky green might well look worse, particularly if it is always
shady. Trellis is easy and you don't have to grow things on it.

Paint on an archway with mural of garden peeping through?

Or what about a row of formally shaped small trees in pots standing along
that wall - maybe boxes or hollies or something else shade tolerant? Can
look very stylish against a plain white wall...

Victoria