Old 20-10-2003, 05:02 PM
Bill Watkins

Default [IBC] Water, oil, soap and rubbing alcohol.

I have used the solution of one gallon of water with one tablespoon of cooking oil and one tablespoon of dishwashing soap on my trees to rid them of various pests. I keep this solution in a one gallon container and add it to a spray bottle when I need to
use it. Lately I have noticed that some are adding a couple of caps of rubbing alcohol to the solution in the spray bottle. Then they say if at a later date they reuse the original solution that was in the spray bottle they need to add more rubbing alcoh
ol back to that solution because it has evaporated. I have two questions: 1. How can the alcohol evaporate from an enclosed container? 2. I can imagine but what exactly does the oil, soal and alcohol do to the pests?

Bill Watkins

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++