Old 20-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Chad

Default Winterizing Question

Well we had a nice cold spell(Highs near 50) last week that made most of
my WH go brown... So this last weekend while it was almost 90 I removed
all my WH from the main pond(7 - 35 gallon buckets of them). Anyway,
below my WH my Hornwort and Anacharis did very well. I have plants that
are huge for my pond...covering 100's of gallons of water in area. How
much should I leave in for the winter? Will both survive the cold
water? I have a ton more baby dual breeds that seem to like the
shelter... Also, my pond is covered with a hoop house and will be
heated to hopefull keep the water around 45.

Chad