Old 20-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Advert

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article , K
writes
:
It's a bit like the phobia somebody might have that urg will be swamped

by
posts that are never snipped, if you see what I mean :O)

Eggsackly - why pay n times the price to download the same old stuff n
times when one reads it only once

I'm glad you agree!!!!!!!!!!
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Off topic, but does it really take longer to download longer posts?

I know the answer is intuitively 'yes', but since upgrading to broadband,
I've noticed no improvement in the time take to download news. My e-mail
flies now but news is still the same speed so it looks like most of the

time
spent downloading news is not actually spent in the transfer of the data

but
in some other task.

Any ideas anyone?

And if only everyone top-posted, we wouldn't have to scroll down through

it
all ;-)

In which case it would be impossible to disentangle the logical development
of the thread.

Franz