Old 20-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Jaques d'Altrades

Default Advert

The message
from "Martin Sykes" contains
these words:

Off topic, but does it really take longer to download longer posts?

I know the answer is intuitively 'yes', but since upgrading to broadband,
I've noticed no improvement in the time take to download news. My e-mail
flies now but news is still the same speed so it looks like most of the time
spent downloading news is not actually spent in the transfer of the data but
in some other task.

Seems odd. I'd expect news to be quicker too - unless you're using
something web-based.

Any ideas anyone?

And if only everyone top-posted, we wouldn't have to scroll down through it
all ;-)

If everyone top-posted I for one would just delete it all unread, as I'm
hootered if I'm going to scroll down to see the context and then return
to the top to read the answer.

Anything top-posted which isn't immediately understood just gets
deleted. Anyone who always top-posts just gets plonked. I just CBA.

--
Rusty Hinge
horrid·squeak&zetnet·co·uk