Old 02-02-2003, 12:38 AM
Daniel Hanna

Default More, Better Blooms!

In aHlwYXRpYQ==.9cbdb95edf6f04c2fa63a22b81ebbb8c@104 4114772.cotse.net
Shiva wrote:
Hmmm. Seaweed, eh? Between that and what Hillman used to call "liquid
fish" I can have an olfactory Day at the Beach. That lasts much more
than a day! Have you got a brand of seaweed you like? I have actually
never seen this stuff here.

I'm a big fan of Seasol:

http://www.rezitech.com.au/seasolretailrange.html

It's a liquid product. I've heard of people using actual seaweed as a
mulch but it smells pretty bad and needs to be rinsed of salt before
using. This, however, is perfect.

There's plenty of empiric proof as to the fact that it works. It's used
commercially as well as domestically in Australia. Its action is
hormonal as well as nutritional - seaweed actually has minute quantities
of just about every element there is on the periodic table, including
gold and silver. Who knows what effect those things may have on roses -
all I know is that it works.