Old 20-10-2003, 11:03 PM
LizR

Default OT - sort of. New use for Lobelia?

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:17:57 +0100, Christopher Norton
wrote:

The message
from LizR contains these words:

LOL!

I do tend to ride a large gear but thats my preference. I still dont
match the crumblys tho.

I have a real dog of a cheapo mountain bike, theresult of which is I
just don't ride.
I'd love to ride the kid's bike (with suspension at the back) but,
though it looks
big enough, when I get on I've got my knees round my ears.

Liz

So many poorly set up bikes.

The bike is fine. After all those years living in the Netherlands, I can tell the
difference between a bike shop and toys r us! :-)

You see kids having their knees hit their
chests and barely getting any extension to the knees when pedaling.

That doesn't happen to the kid (our kid, that is) but I'm a good foot taller than him
so it happens to me on his bike.

SWMBO`s bike

Is SWMBO a name? I guess not:-)

was really badly set up in that manner and see was
complaining about it hurting her knees. However, when you looked at her
riding position she was getting nowhere near a straight leg at the
bottom of the leg extension. So up the saddle went (you`d be surprised
how little you need to do this) and bingo, happy to go riding on it
again.

If you feel "cramped" on a bike then up the saddle a little.

I would if it was my bike! But I'd only have to put it down again for the child to
ride.

Ta for the advice, anyway:-)

Liz