Old 20-10-2003, 11:32 PM
joe

Default How To Stop Clogging Pond Pump

You might check out some of the skimmers on the market. The pump is housed
behind a filter in the skimmer and the skimmer itself is designed for a
certain water flow. Mine is a pondsweep:

http://www.pondsweep.com/PondSweepSkimmers.html

It has a huge added benefit which is, of course, the skimming action.

Joe

Chester Deja wrote:

I have a 5000 gph pump on my pond that feeds my waterfall. At the
height of summer when all the algae blooms the pump gets clogged. I
do not want to burn the pump up so I am looking for some ideas for a
pre-filter or something that will keep the majority of debris away
from the pump itself. I have considered a container but with such a
large pump I do not want to restrict the water flow either - I could
easily burn it up that way too. Any ideas appreciated.