Old 21-10-2003, 04:12 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default How To Stop Clogging Pond Pump

Leaf Basket?

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Chester Deja" wrote in message
om...
I have a 5000 gph pump on my pond that feeds my waterfall. At the
height of summer when all the algae blooms the pump gets clogged. I
do not want to burn the pump up so I am looking for some ideas for a
pre-filter or something that will keep the majority of debris away
from the pump itself. I have considered a container but with such a
large pump I do not want to restrict the water flow either - I could
easily burn it up that way too. Any ideas appreciated.

Rick