Old 21-10-2003, 06:02 AM
Alan Gould

Default Vegetable garden

In article , Stuart Forbes
writes
Hello,

I've decided I want to start growing vegetables in my garden, can anyone
direct me to any web pages that might give me an idea of how to go about it?

Also, I realise this is a bad time of year to start, but if there's anything
I can plant now, I'd welcome any suggestions!

You could try some over-wintering crops such as broad beans (Aquadulce),
spring cabbage or autumn sown onion sets. IMHO though you would do
better in the longer term to begin even now to make preparations for an
early start for growing next spring.

For some detailed information about veg. and salad plants, have a look
at the urg FAQ on the subject at:
http://www.fuchsiazone.co.uk/veg-index/vegindex.htm
[not as shown in the FAQ list]
--