Old 21-10-2003, 07:32 AM
~Shelly~

Default Help with spiders, please!

"B & J" bjskeff@removecox-internetcom wrote in message
I do appreciate spiders in the grand scheme of chaos...The only ones

I've
stomped are the black widows that insist on making their homes next

to the
spigots and garden hose caddies.

I recall seeing a TV program about Black Widows once, it was mentioned
that those spiders tend to build near a reliable water supply, because
that's what attracts the kind of insects Black Widow's like. Trouble
is, they tend to get annoyed when someone puts their hand, foot, or
other body part too close to the Black Widow and makes the spider
think that he/she needs to protect themselves.

I think that if I regularly found Black Widow spiders nesting on my
property, I'd buy stock in Raid and Black Flag, and make good friends
of ALL the exterminators within a 50 mile radius! I just couldn't
hack the stress of wondering when someone would get bit.

~Shelly~