Old 21-10-2003, 09:02 AM
dkra

Default Repotted grapefruit tree

x-no-archive: yes

I grew this tree from seed (from a pink grapefruit, I think Ruby Red
variety) and it's now seven years old and about five feet tall. I've kept
it in a sunny, south-facing window in a five-gallon pot. I had it
repotted recently in a 15-gallon pot in rich potting mix with organic
fertilizer added. I also had some very light pruning done at the tips of
each branch (the plant was a bit leggy from having been grown indoors).

The plant (still shocked from having spent the week at a strange nursery
and then having endured a bumpy ride home in the trunk of a Volvo) sat
there for about a week or so, then decided to explode with fresh growth.
There are new branches with shiny green leaves coming out all over the
place!

No telling if/when it will blossom and fruit. However, it definitely
seems to be in a better mood. ;-)

-- dkra
(North Oakland, California, USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 16/17)

--
dkraatmmiiidotixdotnetcomdotcom
[Subtract two thousand and (one plus two), plus the "." of course.]