Old 21-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Dick

Default Yet another Newbie and Filter Seeker

I have 100 lbs of sand in my 75 gallon tank and wish I had put in 150.
Good luck! g

On 20 Oct 2003 06:17:44 -0700, (Keng) wrote:

Hello all

So I am new to all of this. I just moved to Buffalo NY last month and
I just purchased a 72 gal bow front and would like your suggestions on
filters for a plant tank. I read thru most of the messages right up to
'99 but kinda figured I would throw this question out again.

A. Firstly, since I am starting from scratch... here is what I have
bought so far

5 X 16lbs flourite
5 X 25lbs gravel

Is this enough? It hasnt been delivered yet so I guess I could always
change the ratio and amount. Opinions?

1 X CO2 from Nutrafin

B. I need a filter. So far I found out that a canister filter is
probably my best option. And by the looks of things a Fluval or an
ehiem would be a good choice. Anyone recommend the Ehiem with the
heater integrated with it? I have seen a couple of other filter such
as the internal ProAquatics filter which comes with a heater inside
it. I dont think I would want a filter that hangs on the outside
because I want the tank pretty close to the wall. I am a bargain
hunter so recommendations on where to buy it cheap would be FANTASTIC.

I think thats about it for the moment. Any opinions, suggestions or
information is greatly appreciated. Especially now. Thanks in advance.

Keng